LANDRY-WALKER, WEST JEFFERSON
at Landry-Walker Excessive, Tuesday (Feb. 12), District eight-5A matchup
HOW THE GAME WAS WON: 4 KEY MOMENTS
- Both teams got here out aggressive and played with excessive intensity in a again-and-forth first quarter. Shadon Inexperienced broke a deadlock with an extended nook 3 to provide Landry-Walker the early 11-8 advantage, but the Buccaneers ended the quarter robust as West Jefferson’s Roland Preston confirmed off his power inside with a three-level play alternative to end the quarter as the Charging-Bucs took a 14-10 lead within the opening stanza.
- Landry-Walker stepped up defensively within the second quarter forcing six turnovers and capitalizing on the fast break. Solely up some extent with 4:fifty four left within the the half, the Charging-Bucs went on a 14-four run thanks, in-half, to the play of Tory Cargo. Through the run Cargo hit an extended 3, had two steals, two assists and closed the quarter out with a nifty, dribble-drive score because the buzzer sounded. Landry-Walker took a 30-19 result in the half.
- Landry-Walker took its largest lead of the competition because it went on a 9-2 run to start out the third quarter after forcing 4 turnovers. West Jefferson, though, didn’t give in because it converted consecutive three-level makes by Warren Jones and Antonio Wells to stay within putting distance down 12 with three:30 left in the quarter. Cargo and Wells exchanged 3s on the subsequent two possessions, nevertheless it was Inexperienced’s 3 with 1:33 left within the third which took the momentum away from the Bucs. Jason Joseph punctuated the quarter draining yet one more large-open 3 as Landry-Walker built it again up to a 16-level advantage heading into the fourth.
- Jamond Vincent’s baseline jam gave Landry-Walker a 14-point lead early in the fourth and it didn’t look back. The Charging-Buccaneers rode its protection, triggered turnovers and completed on the quick break as they constructed a 22-point fourth quarter lead.
PLAYER OF THE GAME
Tory Cargo, Landry-Walker
The senior forward was on hearth during stretches of the competition as he lead all scorers with 18 factors. Cargo had it going from behind the arc as properly going four-of-7 including hitting two 3s in 1 / 4 in-which his staff hit 5 3s to construct an insurmountable lead. Cargo also contributed with four steals which set up a livid Charging-Bucs’ quick break assault during scoring-runs within the first and third quarters.
Data: Landry-Walker, 20-eight (5-1); West Jefferson, 21-10 (four-2)
SCORE BY QUARTERS
Landry-Walker |14 |16 | 23 | 21 – seventy four
West Jefferson |10 | 9 | 17 | 17 – 53
Landry-Walker: Shadon Green, thirteen; Dywan Griffin, thirteen; Tory Cargo, 18; Jamond Vincent, 10; Jason Joseph, 6; Ramon McGrew, 5; Michael Edergerson,4; Tyrus Crawford, 5;
Warren Jones, 13; Dajour Lloyd, 6; Mykal Leblance, 3; Daquan Royal, 2; Antonio Wells, sixteen; Tony White, 9; Eric Brignac, three; Jeremiah Cooks, 1;
- The 2 teams combined for 9 3s (Landry-Walker had 5 and West Jefferson has four) in a wild third quarter
- West Jefferson missed 15 free throws