12 tenants displaced in Scripps Ranch apartment fire



A dozen tenants of a Scripps Ranch condominium constructing have been displaced when a fireplace broke out in a downstairs unit on Saturday.

Nobody was injured and all residents obtained out safely, a San Diego Hearth-Rescue Division official stated.

The blaze was reported at 1:20 p.m. at the complicated on Erma Street off Scripps Ranch Boulevard.

Flames that erupted within the first-flooring condo shortly spread from the patio to the balcony of the unit above, and then burned by way of the roof, a fireplace official stated. Hearth crews referred to as for a second-alarm response to get further hearth engines.

It took firefighters about 45 minutes to knock down a lot of the blaze.

A fireplace official stated the Purple Cross was referred to as to assist 12 tenants displaced in five flats.

The reason for the hearth was beneath investigation.

pauline.repard@sduniontribune.com

Twitter: @pdrepard





Source link